ERCOT Contracts Administration and Procurement Department is responsible for administering contracting standards and processes, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, as well as monitoring vendor performance and compliance to achieve maximum benefit from contracts and vendors.
What Does ERCOT Buy?
Items and services that ERCOT typically purchase include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Office supplies and equipment
- Computer related supplies and equipment
- Corporate and departmental training
- Books and subscriptions
- Temporary personnel needs
- Consulting services
- Hardware maintenance contracts
- Software and software maintenance and support services
- Professional service contracts
- Leases or rentals of any kind
How to do Business with ERCOT
If you are not a current vendor and are interested in becoming one, please contact NewVendorInfoForms@ercot.com for the following forms:
Vendor Performance Tracking
The Procurement Department administers the Vendor Performance Tracking Program, which includes the following:
- The department examines the results of investigations stemming from complaints, late deliveries, quality issues and accounts payable issues.
- The department maintains a vendor qualification database, which provides the department and request for proposal (RFP)/request for quote (RFQ) committee members a means to consider past performance prior to awarding RFPs and RFQs or placing a purchase order. The information is also used to evaluate the need to take various administrative actions against vendors, including debarment.