Life at ERCOT
ERCOT is committed to taking on the state of Texas’ toughest energy challenges. In order to fulfill our mission, ERCOT relies on a culture of leadership and diversity to drive innovation and productivity. ERCOT employees work in a creative, challenging environment with ample opportunities for volunteer outreach, career growth and social interactions. Below are examples of opportunities.
- Keep physically fit with modern fitness equipment in the on-campus Fitness Center.
- Stay healthy with free screenings and flu vaccines at the annual Health Fair. More than 50 vendors are present at this growing event..
- Volunteer with one of several organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Meals on Wheels, mentoring elementary students, and veterans services which all offer multiple opportunities to give back to the community.
- Initialize green initiatives by showing high school students how to build a solar powered van or by helping implement recharging stations for employees vehicles.
- Live in Austin, Texas and enjoy the live music capital of the world. Discover lakes, trails, sports, restaurants, shopping, night life, and much more. Visit Texas Outside for more information.
- Enjoy ERCOT employee activities ranging from scavenger hunts to office Olympics.
- Play a game of basketball or volleyball on the campus sports court.
- Relax on the way to and from work by joining a van pool www.vride.com.