||2 (new), 2.1 (new), 2.2 (new), 8 (new), 8.1 (new), 8.2 (new), 8.3 (new), 8.3.1 (new), 8.3.2 (new)
||This Planning Guide Revision Request (PGRR) incorporates the following into the Planning Guide:
(1) Planning Reserve Margin (PRM) and the minimum PRM requirement.
(2) The methodology to be used by ERCOT to calculate its Seasonal (i.e., Summer and Winter) PRM. This methodology is based on the ERCOT reserve margin calculation methodology developed by the Generation Adequacy Task Force (GATF) and approved by the ERCOT Board in May 2005.
(3) Changes in the PRM calculation methodology developed by the GATF and approved by TAC in February 2010.
(4) Current ERCOT reserve margin planning criterion of 13.75%.
(5) New Section 2 to the Planning Guides which adds relevant terms and definitions used in the Planning Guide not defined in the Protocols. To allow for inclusion of the definitions and acronyms into the Planning Guide as Section 2, the current Section 2, Process for Planning Guide Revision, will be renumbered as Section 1, Process for Planning Guide Revision.
(6) Changes in Section 2.1 to incorporate an administrative change process for the PRM.
||Currently, the definition of the PRM, current minimum PRM planning criterion (13.75%), and methodology necessary to calculate the PRM are not included in the Protocols, Operating Guides or Planning Guide. Because of the market and reliability impacts of the PRM, it is necessary for these items to be included in the Protocols, Operating Guides or Planning Guide. The Planning Working Group (PLWG) recommends that this information be inserted into the ERCOT Planning Guide to ensure visibility to the market and to provide for a structured change process to ensure that any modification to the definition or calculation of the PRM can be fully vetted by Market Participants.
A central location for terms and definitions specific to the Planning Guides is needed.